Reflexology - A perfect way to promote relaxation and manage the symptoms of stress
Reflexology is a pressure massage applied to reflex points on the feet, hands or face that correspond to all the major organs, glands and body parts. It works by stimulating these reflex points and balancing these areas, to bring the body into a good healthy and positive working order.
Reflexology is a wonderfully relaxing therapy. It facilitates the body's own natural healing abilities and works to bring the body into balance. By maintaining an internal equilibrium our body is able to resist illness more effectively and, by working with our immune system we are able to maintain a positive wellbeing.
Reflexology is the perfect way to bring energy and vitality to your day!
How Does Reflexology Work?
Reflexology works by the stimulation of nerve endings in the feet, hands and face ~ and by the stimulation of energy through energy pathways. It has an effect by activating the relaxation response which literally is the polar opposite of the stress response. The activation of the relaxation response promotes deeper breathing, more effective digestion, improved brain function allowing us to think more clearly and remember things! It boosts our immune system and reduces the amount of stress hormones in our system.
What Are The Benefits Of Reflexology?
- Boosts blood circulation increasing oxygen and nutrient supply to body tissues.
- Boosts digestive function, allowing for improved passage of nutrients and waste through the digestive system.
- Lymphatic drainage is increased allowing for the effective removal of waste through the lymphatic system.
- Improved Immune system function, helping to fight infection and disease.
- By promoting equilibrium of the body systems, it helps to facilitate and balance the body's own natural healing mechanisms ~ helping us to take ownership and responsibility of our own health and wellbeing.
Reflexology is not a method for diagnosing and healing illness. Reflexology is about reducing the physical and psychological symptoms of stress. Our body and our mind work so much more efficiently and, we feel so much better. It helps us to become focused and energised and, by working in this way, we can increase our motivation, confidence and self-esteem. It is an amazing treatment for reducing stress and most of my clients fall asleep during a session!
In short, Reflexology can help us get our mojo back!
It is not all about the feet!
I have been qualified in Reflexology since 1999 and, have gained Practitioner Diplomas in:
- Foot and Hand Reflexology
- Facial Reflexology (Please see Zone Facelift page for details)
- Chinese Foot Massage
- Hot Stone Reflexology
- Mindful Reflexology - For Anxiety and Depression
- AromaReflex - Aromatherapy for Reflexology
- Pre-conception and Pregnancy Reflexology
A Little Holistic Oasis offers a range of Reflexology Therapies and, can be found close to Kingston, Surrey.